Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 13

    Day 12 - At Sea

    November 10, 2018 ⋅ 🌬 15 °C

    Quite a rough night being tossed about the bed and still the same this morning as we journey through Biscay.
    Could be a long couple of days back to Southampton but will try and make most of the on board entertainment.
    Light breakfast for both of us. Then went to presentation about the the North Atlantic Battle in WW2 presented by Bob Horner. He is an excellent speaker and it was thoroughly enjoyable.
    I didn't feel so great after this. Lack of sleep probably. So went up to room for a kip. Next thing I know it's 2.00pm. J went downstairs for some lunch but came storming back in shortly after fuming that the Palm was rammed. She then to bed and is currently fast asleep. These interrupted sleeps are catching up on both of us.
    Still, looking forward to our "free" meal in the Pool Grill tonight. Hoping for something really nice.
    Down into lounge for tea and hot chocolate. J also picked up some sandwiches from the afternoon tea trolly in the Palm. Read for a while and then back to room to get prep'd for tonight.
    Dinner in Palm Grill was good if a little quiet. We were the only people in there! Food was of Asian origin which made our choice interesting. I had Thai Prawns followed by lamb and J had spring rolls and vegetable curry - a bit hot for her taste! I had frozen yogurt for pud and J had ?
    Neither of us felt like seeing the show tonight, it was the crew show, so went to the room to watch TV and then to bed. Hoping for a less disturbed night tonight. Wishful thinking methinks.
    Read more