Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 2

    Virginia - Day 1

    June 3, 2022 in the United States ⋅ ⛅ 66 °F

    We woke up at our Airbnb on Friday morning in Abingdon, VA, to begin celebrating Heather & Robbie's wedding weekend. The cabin and surrounding area were rustic and lovely... The bug situation in the cabin was substantially less desirable. The good news is we were busy with wedding festivities all weekend, so didn't spend much time in the cabin.

    Friday the boys and I went to meet up with other wedding guests & tour the town. Heather took friends on a walking tour of the town, but the boys got distracted by the first playground we spotted. While they played Floor Is Lava Ninja Warrior, I spotted a Free Little Library and read some Russian poetry that someone had left for the taking. It was a cool, beautiful morning and a lovely way to start the weekend.

    Later in the afternoon Nate joined us after he finished work and we went to the rehearsal, followed by dinner at a neighborhood brewery, Wolf Hills Brewery. The boys had a blast with games and meeting new kid friends who had also rolled in for the wedding. Holden spotted a giant moth and was quite smitten by it, but not as much as he's smitten by Heather. Lots of laughs and hugs were shared this night. We couldn't have asked for better weather or better hosts.
    Read more