Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 6

    Day 5: EPC

    December 30, 2022 in Mexico ⋅ ⛅ 79 °F

    Friday was one of the big days Nate had been planning since someone first floated the idea of this trip. EPC is famous for its multi-pitch setups, which for a layman like mean just means you can climb really high a bit more easily.

    Nate and David left before I even woke up and hiked up to the base of a climb called Excalibur, a crazy tall pillar connected to a fin that branches off from the main mountain. Others in our group had done the climb the day before.

    While the climb was challenging, Nate said the hardest part was the scrambled hike to get up to the base of the pillar. They hiked through lots of overgrowth and scree just to get to it. Compared to that hike, Nate said the climbing wasn't too tough.

    The boys and I made our way up to the viewing area and looked for a loooong time before we could finally find them on the wall. We got to see them make it to the top and see a few arms waving from the distance.

    The rest of the day was very uneventful. A lack of communication from the rest of the crew left us a bit in limbo and we basically just killed time at the house. We ended the day with tasty fajitas and margaritas and a few games at the house.
    Read more