Satellite
  • Day 86

    A Beautiful Day - Beautiful Ottawa

    October 20, 2017 in Canada ⋅ ☀️ 14 °C

    Today was an amazing day. The sun was shining, there wasn’t a cloud in the sky and the wind had dropped. It was too nice to spend too much time inside so we walked and walked and walked. Our feet rarely get tired during our wandering but both of us were glad to put them up when we reached home. Distances on a map can be a lot different to reality, especially when you don’t know the area at all!
    Ottawa is a beautiful city. The plan today was to see Parliament Hill which we did but we were unable to tour Parliament itself because all the tour for today were booked out. So should we walk on to the War Museum or enjoy our day in the sun. Strolling in the sun won out!
    Parliament Hill, the statues in the surrounds, along the river, over the Rideau Canal, through Majors Park, off to lunch, Notre Dame Basilica, Nepean Point, over Alexandra Bridge, along Parc Jacques-Cartier, over MacDonald-Cartier Bridge and on and on till we reached our abode. Did I mention sore feet?
    We covered a lot of territory, lunched at The Peace Garden, yum, and did I mention the tired feet.
    This first set of photos is of the Rideau Canal and Parliament Hill.
    Read more