Satellite
  • Day 15

    Hershey, PA

    August 16, 2013 in the United States ⋅ ☀️ 24 °C

    Geo: 40.4384, -79.9976

    Weather 73 cloudy

    We are on our way home. We have spent the last couple of days of our trip with some peeps we love, the Ghilanis. Nice place to relax, play and laugh. I love listening to Pat, Barb and Paul talk. They crack me up. We spent two nights there.

    A couple of days ago, we went to Hershey. PA. It was a smart move to go early on Friday instead of Thursday, our first plan. We got there around 9:30 AM. Not too crowded. We saw the 4D movie first. It was cute. The Hershey kiss in the movie actually communicates with the audience including wishing me a Happy Birthday. She asked where I was in the audience and wouldn't continue until I acknowledged her. Pretty cute. Obviously someone is able to see and hear the audience and make her talk. The kids loved it. It was a cute movie. After, we went on the automated ride through the fake chocolate factory. It was cute and reminiscent of Disney but FREE. Everyone got a mini chocolate bar after each activity. Then we spent $75 in the store. Phhffft. We've been eating a lot of chocolate the past couple of days. I have to detox when I get home.

    We made it to the Ghilanis on Friday afternoon. We enjoyed a nice bonfire and a late night chatting. The next afternoon, we spent poolside. Great day. 80s, warm and the water was warm. I even swam. What?! We had a casual evening at home by another bonfire chatting and laughing. We celebrated my birthday and had a really nice day. It's nice because all of our kids get along and play. Nice kids too.

    Now we are on our way home. 5 hours to our house, our pups, our new driveway (and the Beasts new resting spot) and our bed. We have had an awesome time. We created great memories and we look forward to the next one. 14 states including Michigan and Ohio in 16 days...check √.
    Read more