Satellite
  • Day 16

    Last (full) day in USA

    April 28, 2018 in the United States ⋅ ☁️ 9 °C

    Today we left New York by bus, back to Boston, for our last night in US.
    The trip, disappointing this time - bus leaving with more than 45mins delay from NY, crowded highways - brought us in Boston in almost 6h (originally planned 4h30). If before it was not so visible, now, coming from NY, you really notice the difference - directly from the bus terminal.
    By being smaller, Boston is somehow more compact, cleaner, less noisy, but still very impressive. I loved NY for what it represents, for diversity and its symbols, but I would never live there. I really love the „intimate“ Boston, with its historical importance that they preserve so well.
    Our hotel is now very close to the Boston Harbor, in a more „fancy“ area of the city. We seem to be cross the street from a very popular club (the way people are dressed and the queue at the entrance indicate that), and also very close to locals that serve fresh sea-fruits.
    It was very easy to decide what to have for dinner: lobster!!! I had the first lobster (and 2 🦀) in my life: very delicious, even if difficult to get to it.
    We will start tomorrow with a short run in the harbor area - enjoying the view on the city and the river / ocean that „guards“ it for one last time.
    Read more