Satellite
  • Day 4

    Singapore, Singapore

    December 15, 2018 in Singapore ⋅ ⛅ 30 °C

    After the mall we walked into the gardens by the bay and decided to do the two domes as we didn't have time to do the domes and the Skywalk. We walked through marina bay sands and when we got through to the other side we saw the gardens and ships out in the bay. The flower dome was first on the list which we recognised quite a few of the plants from our back garden ahaha. There were also many Christmas trees and big cartoon animals which didn't quite fit with the aesthetics.... cloud forest was much more to my liking but not so much to mums. There were walks that were suspended 20-30m above the floor and held only by wires. We left cloud forest in the dark and headed towards some of the trees which were lit up by this point however the heavens decided to open and the famous monsoon rain hit. We pretty much ran all the way back to the marina bay sands mall with drenched feet to look for somewhere to eat. Many other people had come to the same conclusion and we had to hover like vultures in the food court waiting for some seats to come free. As soon as they did we pounced and sat down much to our relief. The food was delicious and I had rice, chicken, watermelon and a fish fillet. When you placed your order you were given a buzz that would buzz when your food was ready which I thought was quite nifty. When we left the mall the rain had calmed down and it was quite a pleasant walk back to the MRT station in the dark with Singapore skyline lit up for the world to see.

    Figure 1: plants in the flower dome
    Figure 2: " "
    Figure 3: cloud forest walkway
    Figure 4: trees lit up
    Figure 5: dad holding the top of marina bay sands
    Figure 6: the Olympic park sign in the dark and rain with the Singapore skyline the background
    Read more