Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 5

    Gardens by the bay

    December 16, 2018 in Singapore ⋅ ⛅ 28 °C

    Today we woke up and had another swim in the morning at the local pool, which according to dad is 50m but I dont believe him. Also forgot to mention dad bought some sandals yesterday on the way back from the pool. The pool is very cheap at $1.30 each!! After the pool we headed back into town but this time went to the raffles on our way to try the Singapore sling. As dad put it "very cheesy music...not really fitting with the venue. Could be missed from the Singapore itinerary" which I think is quite fitting. We then walked to the gardens by the bay trees which I'm just going to do a separate post about with the pictures. We passed a memorial park on our way for the second world war. When we got to the trees we were told that we needed another ticket to get in because of the winter wonderland, outrageous!! We bought the tickets because we new that we couldn't leave without doing the skyway and headed in. The view from the trees was amazing being able to the ships and the immense size of the garden. Also some kites flying by the waterfront. We stayed until it was dark so that we could see the trees lit up and ate tea in a restraunt next to them. I had chicken and rice. The show was amazing with lots of different colours and also a so called blizzard because of the winter wonderland which was quite strange in 30°C heat. We also bought tickets for the skypark which meant we could go up and look across the whole of Singapore 56 stories high. The view was amazing especially at night when Singapore was all lit up. The heavens opened again tonight but we didn't get as wet as last night because it rained the most when were eating.

    Figure 1: the swimming pool
    Figure 2: skypark ticket
    Figure 3: skywalk ticket
    Figure 4: view from the trees
    Figure 5: WW2 memorial
    Figure 6: view of the ships and garden from the skywalk
    Read more