Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 6

    Bye Bye United Arab Emirates

    March 12, 2023 in the United Arab Emirates

    Today we fly from the UAE to the Maldives.

    Abu Dhabi was a revelation. A city with tradition and much greater luxury than Dubai, but unlike Dubai, this luxury is carried out quietly and with style. The city focuses more on culture than entertainment, many museums and mosques can be found here.

    Dubai, on the other hand, is an exciting city, tradition and modernity together and pure decadence, alongside the ordinary people, made up of foreigners doing jobs the rich don't want to do. It is an international city in the truest sense of the word, over 90% are foreigners, the majority Indians. Interestingly, everyone in Dubai can get a visa relatively easily, it is enough to go on vacation here and find a job during this period. The salary depends on origin and training, so a doctor from Switzerland earns many times more than an Indian doctor who works next to him. A city that firmly adheres to the Muslim religion, Sharia is the basis of the constitution and it's a tough dictatorship - words against the king and royal family will get you in trouble - but if you look closer and also talk to people, it is the city is not only known for luxury, but also for dirty parties. Its a playground for the rich and beautiful, but only behind the doors.

    UAE are expensive, like Switzerland, if you are a tourist and move around in the areas, but if you walk a few corners yourself, old town for example or just around the corner from the Dubal Mall, you can eat delicious food or do shopping for a few bucks.
    Read more