Satellite
  • Day 9

    Topelino’s Terrace

    February 29, 2020 in the United States ⋅ ☀️ 10 °C

    On our last morning in Disney, Dan finally got out or a brief run around hourglass lake. Obviously that was a stupid idea, because you always have less time than you think on your last morning anywhere. We left our luggage with the hotel and headed out for our breakfast.

    We had decided to finish our time at Disney with breakfast at the new Topelino’s Terrace restaurant, on the top level of the recently completed Rivera resort. The restaurant has large picture windows and a terrace; being high up and on the Eastern edge of Disney World, it offers views of many of the major landmarks. To the south can be seen our hotel (Art of Animation) and Caribbean Beach; to the south west Hollywood Studios’ tower of terror is clearly visible; west south west the Animal Kingdom tree of life and expedition Everest can be seen. Looking further north the Swan & Dolphin and yact/beach club resorts can be seen; directly to the north west Epcot’s world showcase and most of future world can be seen (although Space Ship Earth is obscured by the opposite wing of Rivierra).

    The meal is a beautify themed breakfast with Mickey, Mini, Donald and Daisy who are each practicing different forms of art in the Riviera. It begins with a bowl of pastries, the bowl is designed to look like a paint pot, with breadsticks shaped to look like paintbrushes sticking out from the top (sadly the pastries are not plants). The vegan breakfast is a wild mushroom scramble (which is more like an omelette in appearance) with a tasty vegan sausage, potatoes and a house bend of fruit juices.

    Mickey provided a great finish: he spotted Baymax on Alex’s t-shirt and performed the robot’s trademark ‘blahlalala’ fist bump. A final ‘flight’ back to Art on the Skyliner to collect our luggage marked the final end of our time in Disney.
    Read more