Satellite
  • Day 28

    Day 26 - Epilogue: Flying Home

    June 6, 2016 in England ⋅ ☀️ 23 °C

    With Simon missing his phone, and any means of contact with Jilly who is flying in to Copenhagen to join him on holiday today, we both hopped in a taxi to the Airport. I was on my way to a homeward flight, and he was having a recce while taking the last opportunity to plan a meeting with Jilly using my phone.

    I was really impressed to see the amount of bikes travelling alongside our rush hour traffic - maybe as many bikes as cars, if not more. For most of the journey, they were travelling faster than we were, but we made it to the airport in good time for the two of us to do what we needed.

    I got my bike checked in, wandered the airport lounge and boarded the flight; then fought through border control at Heathrow and bumped my way onto a Heathrow express train with my bike.

    The next stop was Paddington, where I unpacked and re-built my bike in the station, to the point where I could wheel it. I also re-arranged my ticket so that I could travel home with Catherine. She has had her first day in her new job as a Building Surveyor, going through an Induction in London, and I am re-joining civilisation until the next trip.
    Read more