Satellite
  • Day 29

    Zion to Valley of Fire state park

    October 16, 2020 in the United States ⋅ ☀️ 81 °F

    Woke up early because it was windy and noisy last night. Where we camped compared to the last time was too close to the road and tunnel. We drove to Zion and stopped and hiked the Canyon Overlook trail, the same one kristi and I did. There happened to be two weddings happening when we got there. There were also a small herd of big horn sheep. They walked right next to us.
    We then drove into the valley and made pancakes for breakfast near the overflow parking and south campground. We then hiked the Watchman trail that takes you above the valley looking down on the valley and campground. It is about 3.5 miles. Somewhat crowed but worth it. We had lunch after the hike and then headed out towards Valley of Fire State Park in Nevada. It has really cool camp sites that are next to the red rocks but they are all first come first serve and they were all taken. Definitely worth trying again sometime. The rock formations are really unique and cool looking.
    We drove back towards town on hiway 169 outside of Moapa Valley to disperse camp. There are about 15 other campers here. We are the only renters. We had freeze dried chicken teriyaki and Southwestern dinner. Both were good.
    Read more