Satellite
  • Day 39

    D39 Italy - Lacco Ameno

    August 12, 2019 in Italy ⋅ ☀️ 30 °C

    We decided before we went to sleep last night that today would be dedicated loosely to life admin (ie. washing a tonne of dirty laundry) and exploring the area of Lacco Ameno. That seemed to warrant a sleep in.

    After a homemade breakfast of champions (supplies entirely by our lovely host Bjorn - thanks Bjorn!), Ant set off to run errands around town while I....did Pilates.
    We both had a productive hour as Ant was able to book us tickets for the boat to Amalfi on Thursday and also grabbed some washing machine detergent at the local supermarket. He even made a new friend in one of the local nonnas who helped him pick some natural detergent. Awww.

    Clothing was washing and hung.
    Sunscreen was applied.
    Another supermarket run was made for dinner supplies - I can’t communicate what a hectic experience that was, it was every man for themselves (and deli meats!)!
    Snacks and bottled were packed.
    Beach time was upon us!

    We spent a few hours at the local beach (Spiaggia di San Montano) before we both had had enough of the loud locals standing close to our faces, the smoking and the dusty sand. But the water was really refreshing!

    After a cold shower we did some necessary Sri Lanka research and started prepping dinner. We have been looking forward to having a kitchen to cook food in for weeks, so we kept it simple - oven baked chicken with onion, tomatoes, Italian seasoning, lemon and extra virgin olive oil alongside fresh bread and a caprese salad. We’re all about variety here...

    We decided to go for a quick walk through the town after dinner, as it’s at its best at 10pm at night, when the temperature is cooler. It’s apparently also an opportunity tor the holidaymakers to put on their best clothes and go out for dinner. We however, feel like it’s perfectly acceptable to rock dirty jeans shorts and Tiva sandals while we scope out the gelato options...
    Read more