Satellite
  • Day 29

    Dinner in Monterosso

    May 24, 2022 in Italy ⋅ ⛅ 70 °F

    The girls took the train and met us in Monterosso, the biggest of the 5 towns.

    The restaurant we ate at (brilliant idea to make burgers with focaccia) is in a building over 600 years old.

    We stumbled upon an interesting little church that looks very ominous and is called the Brotherhood of Death and Prayer, but was actually a group that helped widows, orphans, shipwreck survivors, and buried the poor. The interior is a little surreal with all of the skeletons.

    Monterosso is a captivating village nestled along the rugged coastline of the Cinque Terre region in Italy. It is the largest and most diverse of the five villages, offering a perfect blend of natural beauty, cultural heritage, and seaside charm. With its sandy beaches, crystal-clear waters, and colorful beach umbrellas, Monterosso is a popular destination for sunseekers and beach lovers. The village also boasts a charming old town, where narrow streets are lined with traditional shops, delightful restaurants, and inviting gelato stands. Visitors can explore the medieval structures, such as the Church of San Giovanni Battista, or take a leisurely stroll along the scenic promenade.
    Read more