Satellite
  • Day 40

    Bellu Cemetery

    June 4, 2022 in Romania ⋅ ⛅ 91 °F

    This beautiful cemetery is open to the public. It was lovely to wander around and see how people have chosen to honor their lost loved ones.

    We all went, but Anya and I stayed and wandered around for a couple of hours.

    -----

    Bellu Cemetery, located in Bucharest, Romania, is a place where history, art, and tranquility converge. Established in 1858, this sprawling cemetery is not only a final resting place for many notable figures but also a fascinating outdoor museum showcasing a wide array of architectural styles and funerary art. As you wander through the labyrinthine paths, you'll encounter grand mausoleums, ornate tombstones, and beautiful sculptures that pay tribute to the departed. The cemetery's serene atmosphere, adorned with lush greenery and picturesque alleys, invites contemplation and reflection. Bellu Cemetery is a testament to the rich cultural heritage of Romania, offering a unique opportunity to explore the intersection of life, death, and art. Whether you visit to pay respects to the deceased or simply to appreciate the artistic beauty within this vast necropolis, Bellu Cemetery is a place that both captivates and honors the past.
    Read more