Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 6

    Wuhan

    August 1, 2017 in China ⋅ ⛅ 32 °C

    After a few busy days it was nice to have a lie in. Today it was Pam and Martin's 25th wedding anniversay and we also celebrated Debbie and Steve's too (it was really in April but the holiday is to celebrate both!).

    Debbie went off to have her nails done whilst Pam, Martin and Steve went off to become fluent in Mandarin in just an hour! We have excellent pronunciation now of Ni Hao - that's Hello!!

    After lunch and to continue the Chinese theme we learnt how to play Majhong. Lots of rules, funny words and tiles - we kind of managed to play!

    The trip normally involves a visit to the local primary school sponsored by Viking but as it is the school holidays the children came to the boat instead. What a delightful hour of singing and dancing by the young children.

    Afterward we headed off to Jingzhou city wall - a lovely chance to stretch our legs and enjoy a walk in a city park (and also a rather wild golf buggy ride to return us to the coach!).

    Anniversaries were celebrated at dinner including being serenaded by the waiters who presented a cake. Afterwards we enjoyed some fizz in the bar with some fellow passengers who we have become friends with followed by Debbie and Pam hitting the dance floor!
    Read more