Satellite
  • Day 1

    The Journey Begins

    July 24, 2019 in Canada ⋅ 🌙 14 °C

    Well we started the first day of our trip off with a 3:30 a.m. wake up call. After packing most items the night before we only had to pack up the food, ourselves and Charlie. As a last minute decision we decided to bring Charlie's dog bed...with no room left to fit it in the truck, we stuffed it in a garbage bag and strapped it to the top! With everyone and everything all packed up, we were ready to roll.

    After driving about 15 minutes out of town, I happened to look out my driver side mirror and noticed that Charlie's dog bed was in fact half way off the truck, flapping in the wind. With a quick stop, we strapped it back on a little tighter than before and we were off again. About 5 minutes later mom noticed a small piece of black garbage bag flapping around near the window. In a panic, I peer up to the top of the truck and sure enough...Charlie's dog bed was again flapping in the breeze. After this incident we went with a new game plan - shove the dog bed inside the back and not worry about it anymore.

    With the kinks sorted out and problems solved, we were ready to continue on with our adventure. We were on our way to Sleeping Giant Provincial Park - just outside of Thunder Bay.
    Read more