Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 1

    Kandalama Lake

    December 3, 2021 in Sri Lanka ⋅ ☀️ 31 °C

    Kandalama Lake, a gem nestled in the heart of Sri Lanka, welcomed us with its serene expanse and tranquil beauty. As we arrived, the waters stretched out before us, reflecting the vibrant hues of the surrounding flora and the azure sky above. The lake's gentle ripples whispered tales of tranquility, offering a respite from the journey through ancient temples and rocky heights. We couldn't resist capturing the magic of this place, the camera lens capturing moments that would forever be etched in our memories.

    With the warmth of the day beckoning, we succumbed to the irresistible allure of the lake's crystal-clear waters. The cool embrace was invigorating, washing away the traces of travel fatigue and leaving us refreshed and rejuvenated. Bathed in the natural beauty of our surroundings, we felt a profound sense of connection to the Earth, a moment of pure, unadulterated bliss.

    After our refreshing dip, we found a quiet spot along the lakeshore to change into dry clothes. As we donned our attire, the whispers of the wind and the gentle lapping of the water provided a soothing soundtrack to the moment. Reinvigorated and ready to embark on the next leg of our journey, we took a few more photographs to capture the essence of Kandalama Lake, preserving its beauty in frozen frames.

    As the sun began its descent, painting the sky with hues of orange and pink, we bid a fond farewell to Kandalama Lake. The journey back to Kandy in the evening was accompanied by a sense of contentment and gratitude for the moments of serenity and natural splendor that this tranquil oasis had bestowed upon us. Kandalama Lake, with its understated charm, had become a cherished chapter in our adventure, a place where time seemed to slow, and the soul found solace in the embrace of nature's embrace.
    Read more