Satélite
Exibir no mapa
  • Dia 35

    Nice, France (Day 1)

    9 de setembro de 2023, França ⋅ ☀️ 82 °F

    What we did:
    ⁃ Early wake up to train to Nice and meet Jenna and Joe! Vibes are high as we enjoy coffees along the open-air seaside train station. 6 hours later (two longer stops) we are in Nice.
    ⁃ Best Airbnb yet with all windows, new clean amenities and views across Nice. We grab some wine and snacks and then Trent knocks out a quick jog while waiting for Jenna/Joe to land from their red eye (Chi > Munich > Nice)
    - Much excitement when they arrive! Been talking about it for so long that it’s crazy this segment of the trip is finally happening. We all get ready and catch up over wine and snacks! After injecting the weary red-eyers with caffeine and some alcohol, we are all ready to head out.
    - We wander around town for a bit while Jenna/Steph pop into a few stores. Trent and Joe were content to hang on the sidewalk talking football until some lady starts violently erupting with bright pink puke right next to them. The girls found the pair sufficiently terrified and cowering in the corner of Zara. Time for drinks!
    - Enjoyed a few hours of drinks and charcuterie on the Meridian hotel rooftop with views overlooking the entire Nice oceanfront strip. Vibes >>>
    - The group explored Oldtown Nice on the way to our rooftop dinner. This town is absolutely bumping! After a great time at dinner we grab Jenna/Joe’s first gelato of many on this trip and call it a night.
    - Great first day! And again so happy and fortunate our family members have made the effort to come on over

    What we ate:
    - Train station sandwiches for breakfast/lunch
    - Tapas dinner at Bocca Nissa of Hummus, fried zucchini, croquettes, and paella. Great vibes! Decent food
    - Amorino Gelato

    Fun facts:
    - Joe and Trent don’t like french girls puking
    - The Men’s world championship for the IronMan was being held there that day so the place was crawling with overambitious psycho-athletes
    - Nice airport, serving the Riviera and Monaco, has the 4th most private jets come through each year of any airport in the world. The French Riviera is truly the rich and famous' playground.
    - Monaco grand prix and cannes film festival are held in the same two week period each year
    Leia mais