Satellite
  • Day 81

    Paracas

    June 22, 2017 in Peru ⋅ ☁️ 20 °C

    Today was moving day with our bus leaving at 12:10pm so we were in no rush to do anything. We went for breakfast which again was made fresh when we sat up to the bar and it was great scrambled egg, coffee and juice.

    We packed our bags and vacated the room around 10 to sit out and wait to get a taxi.

    Our bus was only an hour or so to Paracas but they still fed us. We had Chinese style rice and chicken (similar vibe to the night before) and chocolate cake for desert. We barely had time to finish lunch and an Inka Cola before we arrived in Paracas. It was a 10 minute walk to the hostel so we didn't bother with a taxi but that didn't stop about 10 beeping their horns at us whilst walking and screaming out the window 'taxi taxi'.

    The hostel was only a stones throw away from the beach so once we had set our bags down in the room we changed into our beach attire and headed out for some sunbathing. It still gets pretty chilly on the coast when the sun goes down so we headed back for a shower before dinner.

    I was craving a nice burger and chips for dinner and luckily the number two restaurant on trip advisor was a burger joint! We ordered food and smoothies which came out in a giant goblet along with giant straw to go with it. It was like a meal on its own!!

    We headed back to the hostel after for some Suits on Netflix and an early night.
    Read more