Satellite
  • Day 150

    Day 2 - Melbourne

    August 30, 2017 in Australia ⋅ ⛅ 12 °C

    We are staying with Maddy for a couple of weeks so it's nice not to be in a rush to see everything. We had a lazy morning before venturing out to purchase an Australian SIM card. This was followed by another quick trip to Coles to pick up a couple of groceries and then back to Maddy's for a lazy afternoon playing with her housemates cat, Whisker.

    In the evening, we headed to the winter night market which was a lot of fun. Maddy came and met us after work and fortunately for her she missed out on a chap completely murdering Kings of Leon's Use Somebody. Ingrid and Dan, another camp friend, came to meet us as well which was lush.

    There was so much going on at the market, from live music, street performers and a silent disco. There was even a live web stream from Europe of a Romanian band called Moonlight Breakfast. It was a bit strange as they were by a beach playing in the sun whilst we were watching them on a tv screen whilst drinking mulled wine (I know what your thinking, mulled wine in August, crazy) but their music was really good. There were loads of market stalls and a huge variety of places to eat which made it very hard to choose as everything looked delicious. I decided on leek and potato soup which came inside an enormous cob roll whilst Simon went for some chicken kebab. It was a really fun evening and lush to catch up with old friends.
    Read more