Satellite
  • Day 175

    Yungaburra

    September 24, 2017 in Australia ⋅ ☀️ 22 °C

    The Tablelands are famous for the waterfalls and that's exactly what was on the agenda for today. Our first waterfall was Millaa Millaa Falls which many of you may recognise from the old Herbal Essences adverts. The water however was not as inviting as they made out in the advert. It was in fact bloomin freezing. We couldn't not get in so we braved the cold and went for a little swim. It did get better after a while so we attempted to recreate the advert. Again, that wasn't as glamorous as every time I flicked my hair back, the water slapped me in the face. After a few attempts and a very obliging photographer (thank you Simon) we got the money shot and then hastily got out to dry off in the sunshine.

    There are loads of waterfalls here but because there hasn't been a lot of rain some of them are pretty pathetic. We therefore decided to miss the majority of them and instead just head to the main ones. The next one on the list was Josephine Falls. This was a tiered waterfall where you could clamber over the rocks and swim in the yet again freezing water. It was certainly a popular spot as there were loads of people there.

    After Josephine Falls we headed to The Boulders near Babinda. This was another popular swimming spot but we didn't bother to get in this one. A couple of people had recommended we try the Devonshire Cream Teas by Lake Barrine so as it was already gone 3pm, we made our way there. It took a while for us to get there along a long and winding road which resulted in us arriving at 4:10pm, 10 minutes after they closed. Devastating! Lake Barrine however is gorgeous so we took a couple of pics and then headed back to our hostel.
    Read more