Satellite
  • Day 276

    Randwick

    January 3, 2018 in Australia ⋅ ⛅ 21 °C

    We had to depart our Bondi apartment today as we were checking in to an Airbnb in Randwick and the fam were heading to the IBIS hotel next to the airport. After looking at the scraps of food we had left we decided to head to the little cafe just around the corner for breakfast. I went for a cheese and bacon croissant and Blake a bran breakfast muffin.

    We took a short uber ride to our next home where we were greeted by Indiana and her cute pug puppy Frank. After a little rest and maybe some play time with Frank we decided we would head to the Sydney aquarium. Semi forgetting it was the holidays and the light rain showers meant the queues when we arrived were huge. Kindly a member of staff was walking the line and mentioned if we booked the tickets online that the queue to go directly in would be much shorter.

    To say it was busy inside was nothing short of an understatement but I’m pretty sure we got to see it all. There was everything from sea horses to nurse sharks, manta rays to two enormous dugongs. There were also two lots of penguins which you could see either waddling around on ice or darting about the water below. I’d say it took us a good 2 hours to see it all.

    Back at the Airbnb we may have slipped into an afternoon nap as we were totally exhausted from 3 weeks full of adventures. For dinner we lazily ordered Thai to fill the hole left from not being able to order it the other night.
    Read more