Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 22

    Back to Plymouth

    July 4, 2022 in England ⋅ ⛅ 16 °C

    Whilst our B & B was in a lovely setting and the establishment itself was good, the owners (mother and two sons) were somewhat strange! We had to eat dinner there as we were quite a distance from any other place (initially, we thought that evening meals were not provided so we were looking at begging for a few bread rolls!). Our meals turned out to be micro-waved frozen meals for which we paid restaurant prices! and breakfast was pretty ordinary as well.

    Anyway, an early start to the day meant we could cover the walk to Plymouth (22 km) in reasonable time.

    Lots of lovely scenery of course plus quaint little towns (Cawsand and Kingsand).

    Beautiful garden (Mount Edgecumbe House and country park grade 1 national register of historic parks and gardens, 17th and 18th gardens, complete with lovely folly) before we caught the Cremyll Ferry to King William dock.

    Our B & B tonight is the worst of the lot! Very small, cluttered with tatt, no glasses, tiny TV (no good for the tennis) intermittent WiFi, plastic tablecloths on breakfast tables … we have been spoilt!
    Read more