Satellite
  • Day 200

    Loretto

    December 2, 2016 in Mexico ⋅ 🌬 20 °C

    So we finally tore ourselves away from the utterly gorgeous beaches and drove an hour down to the town of Loretto, and set up in LA Riveriera RV park. It was really nice to have hot showers and wifi again! We had an incredible pizza (again now one of life's luxuries) and that evening we went down to Augie's, which has a daily happy hour(s) and polished off a few Negra Modelos.

    The next day we made the most of the internet and caught up on the world and with the family. The big adventure of the day was a visit to the supermarket, and we're so happy to find decent food shops at last, with good choice at great prices ($7 scotch anyone?). We couldn't resist going back to Augie's for $1 beers with free snacks and then we ate in a nice non-touristy restaurant in town.

    We were supposed to be leaving the next day but we found it hard to so ended up exploring the lovely old town in with a mission church from 1697, before trawling the tourist shops. Guess what - we ended up at Augie's again! We met a guy from the camp site there and had the most wierd night at a late night tacqueria, with an incredible Mexican chef who grew up in the states, and had fish & prawn tacos to die for!

    We eventually ripped ourselves away from this lovely little town, but not before a MASSIVE breakfast burrito at the same place as last night.
    Read more