Satellite
  • Day 228

    Carry On Down The Coast

    December 30, 2016 in Mexico ⋅ ☀️ 27 °C

    We're way behind in the blog so this is a bit of a catch up post for a bit we missed so we can upload the others we have already written.

    From where the ferry docked in Mazatlán we headed down the coast for New Years in San Blas, a sleepy little fishing/surfing town. We had a beautiful campsite with green grass and tall palm trees, but it was completely empty. We understood better a few days later when our legs were covered in mossies bites! We thought being a larger town it would be a good place to celebrate, but there really wasn't a lot going on. We enjoyed a few cocktails from a terrace overlooking the main plaza and dutifully waited until midnight, but it was a bit of a damp squib. The best thing was the home made mini hot air balloons everyone was setting off.

    We cruised an hour or so down the coast and found another gorgeous camp site, this time bug free :) the second day we went for a quick lunch at a beach restaurant, and ended up spending all afternoon eating and drinking. When they have freshly caught lobster for under 10 bucks you can't go wrong, and the prawn empañadas (think mini Cornish pasties) were delicious.

    This place was also a little sleepy and very few tourists so we continued to the south along the coast.
    Read more