Satellite
  • Day 18

    Jumeira Palm

    May 24, 2013 in the United Arab Emirates ⋅ ☀️ 34 °C

    Today Maz and Sue took us to the world famous, Jumeira Palm Resort.
    We drove all around it and then went into the beautiful Atlantis hotel it is an amazing hotel with its Marine Adventure , Water Park, Aquarium, Dolphin Bay... the list goes on.
    The main thing that surprised me about the palm, was the size of it all, and the amount of properties on it.
    It starts off with lots of huge apartment blocks, all luxury of course lol.
    That is on the trunk of the palm, then on the fronds you have your private super luxury villas, which are fabulous, but surprisingly close together, the developers obviously wanted to get as much money from the project as they could, and they did.
    The local joke is that the millionaires can shake hands with each other through their kitchen windows.
    At the very top of the palm you then have the Atlantis hotel, or to give it its full title, Atlantis the Palm Hotel and Resort Dubai.
    All in all it's a beautiful place and an amazing piece of engineering, that has to be seen to be believed.
    Then later that evening we took a stroll along 'the walk' and had a pizza for dinner along with some lemon mint drink Maz had introduced me to.
    At the moment The Walk is having some more redevelopment, but it's not to intrusive and will be beautiful when it's finished adding even more to the attraction of the place.
    Read more