Satellite
  • Day 60

    Southampton Port

    September 11, 2014 in England ⋅ ⛅ 17 °C

    This being our first trip on either the Allure or the Oasis, I must admit I'm very pleasantly surprised.
    They are not "to big" as some people say, yes the are huge vessels, but they are surprisingly easy to navigate.
    One of the big plus points to me is the amount of places to eat, they are scattered throughout the ship, from the Wipe Out cafe on deck 15, The Park Cafe on 8, through to the Cafe Promenade on deck 5, and not forgetting the good old Windjammer Cafe on deck 11, which on both ships has been excellent.
    They are just the "free " eateries.
    There are 3 or 4 pay restaurants with cover charges, not that Mr tight wad tries them very often.
    I almost forgot to mention the normal restaurant which we rarely use on any ship, but on these two I heard nothing but good reports.
    Bars and lounges there are too many to mention individually.
    The other fantastic thing on the two ships is the entertainment, the variety and quality of which is fanatic, from the Aqua shows to the Ice shows.
    It's all been superb, the guest artists and production shows are top notch.
    My personal favourite the Comedy Club shows, which are brilliant.
    They are held in a small intimate venue, holding only about 30 or so people, making the atmosphere cosy and fun.
    I would think the comics love it to, being able to bounce off and also terrorise their audience, especially the knobs in the front row, which always includes me lol.
    To sum it all up, the ships are brilliant, with so many things to do and I've not even mentioned the zip line, the carousel, the TWO flow riders, the Ice skating, the kids arcade and the numerous pools and Jacuzzis around the ship, oh yes and the gym and spa, did I mention the Aqua theatre with the amazing divers and acrobats.
    God I could go on forever.
    Royal Caribbean can like any company get things wrong, but with these two ships they've got an awful lot right.
    On a scale of 1 to 10 I'd give them a good 9.
    Also over the next 4 years there are 5 new ships planned, and if they are anything like these two, we're in for a real treat.
    Read more