Satellite
  • Day 38

    Day 38 Karijini National Park

    May 21, 2019 in Australia ⋅ ☀️ 28 °C

    My sleep was broken today by the sound of galahs squawking their heads off. In the morning we went outside to feed the galahs like yesterday morning. They were very friendly but noisy galahs. They flew onto our shoulders and arms to eat the seed.
    After feeding the galahs we packed up and took the caravan down a very long, corrugated dirt road to Weano Gorge. Dad was not happy about taking the caravan down such a bumpy road.
    From Weano Gorge we hiked down to Kermit Pool. After the hard hike we drove back to the Karijini visitor centre. We handed in some work sheets that we had completed over the past couple of days. The lady assessed our work and awarded us Karijini National Park Junior Ranger badges. We then reset off on our way towards Port Hedland.
    Along the way we saw lots of iron ore road trains and a two big trucks towing ginormous haul trucks... they took up almost both lanes of the road!
    We stopped and set up at a free camp called Yule River just outside of Port Hedland.
    Tomorrow we're going to go through Port Hedland and start on our way to Broome.
    Read more