Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 37

    Day 37 Tom Price

    May 20, 2019 in Australia ⋅ ☀️ 18 °C

    Today we explored the area around Tom Price, which includes the mines and Karijini.
    It was my sister's birthday. We woke up early to sing 'Happy Birthday' and give her her presents. We got her a whale shark soft toy, a Rubik's cube, a really fun card game, called 'Super Fight' and some clothes.
    After the presents we fed the friendly park galahs outside. Next we went down to the visitors' information centre where we booked tickets to go on the Rio Tinto mining tour.
    The mining tour was very informative and interesting. We learnt about how iron ore is mined and how everything in the mine works. We even got a souvenir piece of iron ore.
    Next we drove off to the Karijini National Park visitor information centre. Here we learnt about Karijinis' history and Aboriginal history.
    After the information centre we drove off to some waterfalls called the Fortescue Falls and Fern Pool. After hiking around the Fortescue Falls we were all very exhausted.
    Once we arrived back in the park we had Jessica's choice for dinner which was pizza, cake and the movie, 'The Sound of Music'.
    Tomorrow we're leaving Tom Price to explore some more of Karijini National Park.
    Read more