Satellite
  • Day 14

    Day 13 Rest Day

    June 8, 2019 in the United States ⋅ ☀️ 79 °F

    Day 13
    Wallace Ranch
    Day OFF

    I slept in til 7:30am, then didn't get out of bed until 10:00am. My body was crying out for that much needed day of R.E.S.T.

    Our accommodations have been very relaxing. Glenn and I were in the master bedroom suite. He did find a step stool for me to use to get into the bed. This bed was so high. We slept good.

    I did get caught up on my blogs and my FindPenguins account. And I feel GREAT. And then I was able to organize my weekly pills! I've been saying for several days now, that I needed to be caught up on my pills.

    This day was such a blessing. I took a nap. Then I did the bake potatoes, Vela was in charge of the salad, Caroline prepared the vegetables and Neil helped with the cooking of the t-bone and rib-eye steaks.

    After dinner, we sat around the large table and Neil led the discussion as we affirmed each other in their different roles. There were tears shed as some are riding or helping and have struggles 'back home', which is a part of reality. We laughed and we cried. Neil put his phone on the table and we sang along to two worship songs about God being our protector and He is with us.

    After a quick clean up, we discussed the next day. 6:00am luggage should be out by the van, and breakfast at 6:30, and we leave by 7:25pm. The route is that we load up in the van and we drive to Pampa and then ride from Pampa into Foss, where the KOA is located.

    It's after 9pm, I need to pack. Good night. Day 14 tomorrow! I'm rested. And I think the rest of the team is ready to continue with #conversationsCoasttoCoast/
    Read more