Спутник
Показать на карте
  • День 4

    It's All About The Love

    5 мая, Соединенные Штаты ⋅ ☁️ 66 °F

    It's all about the love.

    The whole point if this particular trip was to see our nephew Zach.   He is at the University of Indiana working on his PhD in chemistry.  We are very proud of him. 

    As a bonus, we got to meet his girlfriend Marina – also working on her PhD.  Marina is adorable in every way and they are incredibly cute together.

    With luck, Zach will finish his degree in about 6 months and Marina will be about a year behind him.

    I love Zach.  A young man full of heart.  He gave us most of his weekend.  We are blessed.

    Zach and Marina joined us at camp for dinner both Satuday and Sunday nights, and they showed us some of the campus, including their labs Sunday afternoon. 

    The campus is beautiful.  They have a small forest on campus.  Brick walking paths crisscrossing through the mass of “Dunn's Woods"  --- the way to get from studying to burgers and wings.

    Zach explained what they are working on and told us about some of the equipment. Most of it didn't register in my brain, but it was fun all the same.

    They spent several hours telling us about their teaching and their research. And we just ate it all up. 

    But the best thing they showed us - what touched me - was this hallway in the Chemistry building. It has block walls. And when you get your PhD, you get a block. You sign it and share what you want to share. A block for prosperity. Again, we are proud of him and can't wait to see his block

    We taught them to play Rummikub which was fun, but the best thing was watching the two of them interacting together.  It was special.
    Читать далее