Satelita
  • Dzień 1

    PEI to Portugal

    4 września 2017, Portugalia ⋅ ☀️ 14 °C

    It's been awhile since I posted and at that point we were stuck on the tarmac at Ottawa airport.This was Mon Sept 4th.There was a terrible thunder and lightening storm so all across Canada flights were affected.I had updated Pauli and I to premium economy and had two passes to the AC lounge but by the time we landed at TO at 2400 hr and raced across the airport to catch our 0015 hr.,needless to say we had no need for AC lounge passes.And so much for the update ,as folks in economy got their meals before we did.
    We had left the cottage and Geisha in capable hands with her friend Luanne and her Mom Jean in charge.I hear they thoroughly enjoyed PEI.
    Our friends ,Nicola and Steve were meeting us in Lisbon and we were 2 hours late and of course - no luggage .We were in the lost luggage lineup for over 2 hours and being the efficient airline it is we did not receive our suitcases till Sat Sept.8 at 0100.hr.So we had to borrow clothes from Nicola - And AC will receive our bills for buying something to wear. Unfortunately not having clothes put a damper on our touring plans,but we sure did keep busy . Nicola and Steve live in a small village called Pedrogao Grande. It is located inland from Lisbon and was in the area where the forest fires were in June.In driving around it was so sad to see the devastation caused by the fires. Many lost their lives but the government won't give an official death toll.There are no forestation regulations in the country and the eucalyptus trees grow unchecked and the underbrush is so thick it is a wonder there was not more damage.It was a wonder though to see new growth happening so quickly with the eucalyptus trees and all the work that is being done roadside to clean up the mess.You might be able to see in my pictures just how close it was to their house and indeed one day a fire restarted across the valley .Every swimming pool,water reservoir and lake was used to get water.
    Czytaj więcej