Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 2

    Day 2: Denver

    July 23, 2022 in the United States ⋅ 🌧 90 °F

    Today started off kinda rough. The car rental company (Fox) wouldn't let Gary get the car we reserved because the credit card didn't match. Even though we had the confirmation email, his driver's license, and a regular credit card,..sigh.

    He ended up getting another reservation from Nu Car Rental. That went fast but we were about an hour behind where we wanted to be.

    After circling the airport in a bunch of different vans, we had a car and we're off to Right Hand Brewing. They had so many good beers on tap! We ate lunch and had beer there.

    Denver Beer Company was having a block party so we decided to check it out, but it was not up to the hype. So we left kinda early.

    Then we headed to Little Man Ice Cream. Gary got Mexican Hot Chocolate and coconut almond chocolate. I got salted caramel peanut butter cup. That was so good! And Gary was starting to feel better.

    After checking in to the hotel, we headed to the bus stop to go to the Denver Summer Beer Fest. It was small, but a lot of the brewers were there so we got to talk to them. That was a lot of fun!

    A bus ride back to the hotel in the pouring rain was the cap to the night. Tomorrow it is the mountains!!
    Read more