Satellite
  • Day 336

    Halong Bay

    March 1, 2018 ⋅ ⛅ 22 °C

    Another night bus and another rubbish nights sleep. I think we are done with them, we possibly have 1 more in north Thailand (hopefully not though).
    Halong bay supposedly another highlight of Vietnam, and we weren't disappointed! The bay is made up of over 1100 islands. We opted for a 3 day 2 night cruise as we felt any shorter and it would be rushed, and we were happy we did. The boat itself was brilliant in comparison to all other cruises we have done so far! The scenery was amazing. Over the two days we went kayaking, to a pearl farm and to another cave. The kayaking and just sitting on the sun deck of the boat with a beer in hand looking around were the most enjoyable parts.
    There were only 2 downsides. The first was that unfortunately people here don't seem to care where they throw their rubbish, meaning most of it ends up in the sea. Sadly it certainly scarred this amazing place. Secondly, karaoke here is like their favourite thing in the world. Being British we don't normally get involved in such things (unless a few drinks are consumed) so we don't normally mind. On a confined relatively small cruise boat hearing Vietnamese people murder every good song was not enjoyable. They may like karaoke but god they are crap at it!
    Read more