Satellite
  • Day 13

    Muir Woods

    September 27, 2018 in the United States ⋅ ⛅ 13 °C

    Today we have a small adventure at the Muir Wood National Monument. This park is a heaven for the tallest trees in the world, the redwoods. These guys can grow up to 112 meters high and 7 meters wide at their base and the trees can live up to 2000 years. We do a 5 km walk enjoying the view of these trees. Again it is impossible to get a photo the represents the colours and how big these trees really are. You will have to come and visit to see yourself :)

    After the park we drive to Muir beach to try and enjoy the ocean view. This morning is a challenge as there is quite a thick cloud cover. There is not much view so we decide to travel to higher grounds. We drive up top of Mt. Tamalpais. Halfway up to the top we pass the cloud cover whwre the sun is really hot. The difference in temperature is quite remarkable between under and over the cloud cover. At the top we get to see the cloud cover over the bay, it looks like a soft comfy duvet. Far far away we see only the top of a couple of high buildings in San Francisco. While we are up here we have a small lunch and head back down to our AirBnB.

    I have a quick nap and then we have supper at a nice Italian restaurant called Piatta. We get a nice table with a great view of the Bay. After dinner we packs our bags trying to ensure that everything fits for our trip back home.
    Read more