Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 4

    Surf's Up

    February 3, 2019 in Nicaragua ⋅ ☀️ 32 °C

    We start the day with Boot Camp session number 2. We are 11 this morning so I prepare 6 stations. I also decide to increase the intervals from 50 seconds to 60 seconds. After the workout is done and I have a quick shower and a mini breakfast as yoga starts in 20 minutes.

    Yoga feels like a second workout this morning. My shoulders are screaming for a break. I push through and take a couple of small breaks to get me through the flow work. Near the end we get to more of the stretching movements, I am happy when we reach the last Shavasana.

    Big breakfast is served after yoga. While we eat the crew is preparing a cooler with beer; today the guys will bring us surfing at another beach. We prepare our things and meet everyone at the beach house. There is a pickup truck loaded with the surf board.

    Once everyone is arrived we start our walk toward the other beach, it takes us about 15 minutes to get there. We bring our things to a shaded area and grab a board. Ben and I decide to share a board and take turns. While on is surfing the other tries to take photos of the others surfing.

    It's good surfing for beginners, the waves are not too high and they can take us for a good ride. It's easier for me today to catch the waves and stand quickly. We surf for a couple of hours before we head back to the resort.

    After lunch we have some time to ourselves before our second yoga session. I go take a nap while it's the hottest and stay in the shade.

    The afternoon yoga is a accompanied with music. Cat and Andreas work as a duo to make us feel the music vibrations while performing relaxing yoga poses. It's an interesting experience. I am curious to see what they will do the following days.

    Jamie has setup a TV and plugged it to his computer to stream the Superbowl. Some of the guys here wanted to watch it. The cooks even prepared some finger foods for us like chicken wings, popcorn, fried cheese and other tasty food.

    Before heading to bed, we take a detour to the beach to watch the stars. It's quite the lovely sky without all the pollution caused by light. We also notice many hermit crabs running on the beach. They are quite quick.

    Another great day in Paradise.
    Read more