Satellite
  • Day 18

    Milano - an unexpected day

    April 25, 2018 in Italy ⋅ 🌙 19 °C

    Today is an unexpected day of being able to stay in Milan and look around the City.

    I start the day by chatting with various friends what is considered to be a good salary in Europe. I feel like what I am getting paid is fair but I could have asked for more (the plan is $150k which I lack the confidence to ask). Therefore, my plan is to put my heart into it and either get a promotion or get known in the industry to move to a bigger role.

    The freezing of egg discussion is also bought up. I would like to do it. Although I am not prepared to give up what I have earned now for a child, but I may want to have one in a couple of years time. I don't want to leave it to faith when I have the financial means to do it and it is not too expensive.

    I then go to Duomo and join this 3.5hr walking tour around Milan town. There are quite a few hidden gems in this big city. Milan is not favourite city but I would much prefer it over Florence - less crowded, more diversity of archeology architectures, better food and shopping. It is also just happened that today is the Italian National Holiday, the street is filled with people. I don't feel crowded, I feel join and celebrations!

    I then travel slightly out of town to an area near several canals. Water can really change he feel of a city. People are so much lively sitting by the water, playing, dancing, sun baking, picnicking. I stop at a happy hour bar recommended by the tour guide called Farmacia de Alcoholical. For £12 I can have one drink and a buffet. I miss my veg! I pile my plate with loads of veg and have 3 of them - delicious!
    Read more