Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 72

    Potato Head Beach Club

    August 30, 2022 in Indonesia ⋅ ⛅ 26 °C

    We decided to treat ourselves to a day at Potato Head Beach Club, a very popular and well known place on the Bali social scene! We opted for a daybed by the pool. All daybeds had a minimum spend which could be used towards food and drink, so throughout the day we sampled the pizza, chicken, chips and cocktails (super healthy we know).

    The beach club was great - lovely atmosphere and music, all round just a fab place to chill. There was an infinity pool which looked out onto the beach and ocean. The waves were actually quite big and it was really therapeutic to watch and listen to the sound of crashing waves. The only minor issue was the cost of bottled water - 80,000 Indonesian rupiah which is just over £4.50! Pretty ridiculous considering they searched our bags to prevent us taking our own water in but we guess that’s how they make money. So we stuck to sipping from a coconut or sampling the various cocktails!

    The weather could have been better as there was on/off cloud until mid afternoon, although the sun came out in full force later on. At this point, we particularly enjoyed chilling at the swim up bar with a cocktail. A really enjoyable day with relaxed beach vibes!

    We keep forgetting to take photos but noticed there is so much detail in the bricked walls in Bali. So much so, many of the walls almost look religious as if they surround a holy site. They are very impressive and seem to be everywhere, from hotels to houses. We've also noticed Balinese offerings placed everywhere and anywhere, but mostly on the floor in front of a monument or looking out over a viewpoint. The offerings typically consist of rice and petals laid in a banana leaf parcel topped with incense. Very cultural although they don't appear to get collected as old offerings are often seen laying around or swept into piles.

    The last evening in Seminyak was spent eating a very late dinner consisting of shop bought pot noodles and a bag of crisps. Nearby restaurants had finished serving food by this point so we had no other choice. Worse still, the noodles we bought were ridiculously spicy. Jess had one mouthful and that was it. Despite this, Bali does amazing food, especially for breakfast. Their breakfast and brunch cuisine easily outdoes the UK and better yet, cafes are everywhere. A very nice change since breakfasts have mostly been noodles or rice throughout our travels in Southeast Asia.
    Read more