Satellite
  • Day 34

    Cinque Terre: Monterosso

    September 29, 2017 in Italy ⋅ ☀️ 18 °C

    Another 5 hour driving day, for a day trip to the Cinque Terre...

    Surprisingly it all went quite smoothly, and we parked at the "hard to get into because it fills up quick" parking lot at La Spezia train station with ease. On the train, with ease. Get to Monterosso (far end of Cinque Terre) with ease. All good!

    Had a look around Monterosso, popped into the "skeleton church", luncheon and considered our next steps. There is a thing called the Cinque Terre Card which I had read about the day before which gives you access to the walking trails, the bathrooms at the train stations and all the interconnecting train journeys. I hadn't bought that because internet advice was such that it wasn't worth it. Internet advice was wrong and based on outdated pricing of walking on the interconnecting trails + the cost of train journeys.

    Went and bought the Cinque Terre Card. Found out that three of the 5 interconnecting trails between the villages were closed for "maintenance". Had no choice but to catch a train to the next village along so we could access a walking trail.
    Read more