Satellite
  • Day 4

    Alaska Day 4 Sisters, OR

    July 10, 2019 in the United States ⋅ ☁️ 66 °F

    Awoke to a sky of sun and clouds. Perfect summer weather. We decided to walk to town for breakfast this AM. Some perusing of a few shops in Sisters, no purchases. My favorite was in one of the pictures below, the computer tool. Sistes, OR is named for the Three Sisters mountains nearby, part of the Cascade mountain chain. Locale is forested and dotted with lakes, mountains, and rivers – a paradise for paddlers, fisherpeople, birders, skiers (Mr. Bachelor in Bend) and riders.
    Our destination today is the Columbia River Gorge in Oregon and Washington. We found a campground on the Washington side of the river in Stevenson, WA. Made it to Hood River, OR and a stop for lunch at a local café Off to our campground after our late lunch and about 25 miles down the road, Kay realized she left her purse in the restaurant!!! ☹ So back we went to claim the purse – lucky!! A grocery store stop for dinner fare as our campground is a bit remote and no walking to dinner at a restaurant.
    Spectacular campground – Timberlake. In the woods, space between the campsites and walking paths throughout the camp. Just lovely, green and trees everywhere, my kind of campground. Hooked up, and had a lengthy cocktail hour catching up with friends and family. Alice painting while I make pasta for dinner. Lovely evening.
    Read more