Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 5

    Alaska Day 5 Columbia River Gorge, OR

    July 11, 2019 in the United States ⋅ ☁️ 64 °F

    Slept in a bit this AM as up late with a relative in surgery and information going back and forth with the family. As of this AM, outlook is brighter on that front. Showers, unhooking, and breakfast in our “home” – then off to explore the Columbia River gorge. Loved this campground, next time will stay longer.
    First stop at Rooster Rock state park to catch a shuttle to Multnomah Falls, the most well-known of all the waterfalls in the area. Alice and I had been here previously about 7-8 years ago. Lots of changes with the falls – minimal parking there and shuttles bringing folk in. Really helps the congestion. Still a spectacular site, graceful and mesmerizing. A walk about and pictures.
    Destination today – Gig Harbor, WA to spend some time on Puget Sound. An uneventful trip up Interstate 5 - boring but fast. Across Puget Sound on the Tacoma Narrows bridge and a short drive to Gig Harbor to find our campsite. A stop at Target for a poison oak remedy for Kay and a new universal remote for Alice. Some of the campgrounds have cable TV but our remote is not working so will try a new one. Kay still nursing an outbreak of poison oak from a hike a week ago on the streets of San Francisco - go figure.
    Walked about 1/2 mile from our campsite to dinner at a Mexican restaurant. Food not great but lovely outside seating area and very relaxing. Back to work on the TV with some success -and bed.
    Read more