Satellite
  • Day 48

    Alaska Day 48 Tualitin to Crescent City

    August 23, 2019 in the United States ⋅ ☀️ 64 °F

    Out by 9:30 and on the road again. Destination today: Crescent City, CA. Decided to go down on 101 in California as it is very hot over on I-5 in California. So today down I-5 to Grants Pass and over to 101. Uneventful drive through Oregon. A stop in Grants Pass for wine and gas. (2 essentials).
    The campground we chose for our last night was a KOA just north of Crescent City. The first time we had done a KOA on this trip. A very nice spot in the Redwoods with all the required amenities. Kay managed to leave the sleeve that screws into the ground from the sewer system at the last campground (for the 2nd time this trip). 😫😱👎 so into Crescent City to the trusty Ace Hardware for a new one.
    I had been in Crescent City in May and knew where I wanted to eat for our last dinner. There is a new brewery in town near the water. A very modern design and architecture building and I had enjoyed it last time. Apparently the word is out on the restaurant as there was a waiting list however the bar was first come first served. So we did not wait long and the food was as good as I remembered. A very fun place with a good vibe for a casual meal. Back for some “TV”, we are now into The Family on Netflix - a bit scary. Last night in my little bed!
    No pics again today.
    Read more