Satellite
  • Day 13

    Day 13 London

    November 1, 2021 in England ⋅ ⛅ 43 °F

    A morning without rain and a crisp fall day in London. First stop - another COVID test for our return flight on Wednesday. Thank heavens for rapid tests, result in a certified email within 2 hours. Then out to breakfast for the first time on the trip. Did not chose well on the cafe. 😩👎
    Since weather is so nice, scratched the museum plan for this morning and went for a walk. 😂. Decided to walk Downtown instead of taking the underground. Meandered through Russel Square, another favorite of mine, with the beautiful hotel on the corner: the first place I ever stayed in London, at that time it was the Russel Square hotel, then it was designated a Trust hotel, and now it has gone upscale and is a Kimpton.
    The British Museum is around the corner and we paid it a brief visit, long enough to see the Rosetta Stone and a few of the other major sites. And long enough to hit the Museum Store. Had a bit more time to kill so tried some London geocaching. No luck. 😫. Especially frustrating as some had just found it this morning.
    I have always wanted to have “High Tea” in London and before we left I scheduled one for today. Lots are held in the posh hotels but I picked a trendy, upscale restaurant that looked funky and fun - Sketches - in the Mayfair area of the City. Great fun, way to much food, 4 courses, and lots of food art and design. A special treat.
    Back for a rest and out for the night have been waiting for for some time. Cinderella is the new Andrew Lloyd Weber extravaganza that opened in London about 6 weeks ago when the theaters reopened. It was fabulous! The sets, the costumes, the theater that it was in and the cast, all was over the top experience. A new spin on the story of Cinderella but the basics still there. A wonderful way to finish up the theater for this trip.

    Walking App: 8.5 miles
    Read more