Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 16

    Geneva to Annecy, France Day 16

    May 10, 2023 in France ⋅ ⛅ 52 °F

    A travel day, time to move on. An array of transportation and destination, Annecy,France was only we miles away. Tram/train and lots of 🚶‍♂️. Weather not so great today. Overcast, dark clouds and just waiting to rain. Arrived Annecy around 11A. Car rental place was very close to train station. Had chosen to rent here as much less expensive than Geneva. I am renting for a month so every $100 counts.

    Drove off in my Mini Cooper Clubman, had never heard of the Clubman. Like the car but it is going back tomorrow- last inhabitant was a smoker and the oder not going away. Called them tonight, May not get as nice a car but at least I won’t have a headache. Headed towards the lake, the “draw” for Annecy. And then the rain started. Sat in the car until the worst was over, then out for a walk. Walked thru the old town and found a restaurant for lunch. The town is truly a picturesque scene. 90% all pedestrian, shops, bars, restaurants and the “river runs through it”. Lots of wine,cheese and salami types of meat delis, will not go hungry here.

    Checked into my apartment after several calls and asking directions. 😫. Finally found it in the old town pedestrian section over a shop. Last 2 pics are my front door and “terrace”. Nice place. Just here 2 nights. Got settled (that means got the wifi working}. Then out for a walk and to look for dinner. Wandered the cobblestone streets, lots of people out in the cafes and bars. The French so love the outdoor cafes, it is their social life and fun to see. Walked all through town and saw at the other end that the Lake was not much farther and the sun was coming out.

    A stunning rainbow came out from the Alps on one side, all across the sky and into the lake at the other end. The pics or video do not do it justice, it was breathtakingly beautiful. What a bit of good luck on the timing. Dinner, pasta, at a cafe - good not great and back “home” for the almost final episodes of Better Call Saul’s final season.
    Read more