Satelita
Pokaż na mapie
  • Dzień 5

    Hanoi - Museum for contemporary art

    2 listopada 2022, Wietnam ⋅ ⛅ 29 °C

    For our stay in Vietnam, Niki and I agreed that we would make sure to save time to visit some art museum.
    So that day we went to Vincom Center for Contemporary Art in Hanoi. It is located in a quite odd area: huge buildings that are mostly malls or gyms and this art gallery mixed in this combination.
    Launched in 2017, Vincom Center for Contemporary Art (VCCA) is a nonprofit art center invested and sponsored by Vingroup JSC, with a mission to open up the opportunities for everyone to enjoy art and beauty; bringing quality art pieces and activities to the public, and help promote the sustainable development of Vietnam's art scene.
    In addition to investing and nurturing young artistic talents, hosting educational activities and art experiences for the public, VCCA also takes part in professional art dealership, which contributes to the growth of Vietnam's art business and the integration with the global art market.

    It was a very nice exhibition that we saw, very contemporary (which we both like), different kinds of Arts (sculpture, installations, pictures..) and with some interesting messages.
    We took our time to appreciate each piece one by one and read their descriptions. While doing so we realized that most girls in the museum with us were there to take IG fabulous pictures next to the art. They were wearing overdressed outfits and posing next to some of the pieces or using the professional museum lighting to make the best insthrammable pictures .. unfortunately that is a new reality now ..
    But anyways. When leaving, we wondered around in the street and stopped at a street vendor selling Banh Mi (favorite vietnamese sandwich) for lunch. We had been waiting for our first Vietnamese Banh Mi for a while !! What a delight! We had a laugh as the chairs they use in the streets are so so tiny and close to the ground. Niki being an especially tall guy for this country feared to have to sit in one of those to eat. We quickly got use to it though. There is no way around it. Watch the 2nd video in the post 😄

    Niki went straight home and I decided to take another path on my own as I wanted to make one quick stop at a local clothing shop I found tat I had spotted that sellls Ao dai.
    Vietnam’s national dress, the áo dài is one of the country’s most striking symbols of beauty. Over hundreds of years, the áo dài has evolved alongside Vietnam, going from regal to practical, humble to high fashion, and back again. The Vietnamese áo dài  is appreciated by the young and old alike, and its elegant lines flatter both men and women. 
    In this shop, I found a gorgeous ao dai. Only one made. I also bought a couple fabrics to make something myself from home. Inspiration would come later.
    Czytaj więcej