Satellite
  • Day 19

    Quartier Pietons

    September 15, 2017 in France ⋅ ⛅ 15 °C

    Jean Etienne counsels us on neighborhood dining. There are lots of choices very close by he says. What he fails to tell us is that the streets are limited to pedestrians. It's wonderful...no cars, no motorcycles.

    Within one block we turn right and there are endless rows of casual restaurants with sidewalk seating and NO cars. When did this happen in Paris?

    Needless to say we are thrilled. We take our time checking out the possibilities which are global (sushi anyone?) but predominately French. Bill is drawn to a specialty beer place. When we get there to order, it is filled wall to wall with young adults - and us.

    We get a very nice IPA (#7 on the menu) and split it. Then - on to a local cafe that is stuffed with young adults - and us.

    We think we are the only Americans. The Parisiens are happily and noisily enjoying their evening. A salade nicoise and glass of red wine for me. Bill has another beer and a plate of pasta with a terrific mushroom sauce. We are happy and tired. Although the beat goes on at the Cafe du Centre, we retire to our wonderful suite and collapse.
    Read more