Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 25

    Sea Life

    April 27 in Japan ⋅ ☁️ 21 °C

    The cruise we are taking this time is the Westerdam by the Holland America Cruise Line. It is a ship from Yokohama, Japan, through Hokkaido and Alaska, to Seattle, USA. It is a 16-night cruise and it consist of 8/9 sea days.

    There are around 2000 passengers onboard and many of them are elderly. Our daily schedule is different than most of the people. We wake up late and sleep late. So most of the time the ship is not busy for us. Also, Paul paid an upgrade to Club Orange, so we got priority for most of the activities.

    In most of the sea day, we wake up at 11am to noon, hear the daily announcement from the captain in our cabin. Then we get ready to go out for lunch. We eat either at the Main dining room or the Lido Market (buffet). After lunch, we will join some activities on the cruise: lecture, origami folding, wine tasting, afternoon tea, pedi-mani and more. We sometimes have afternoon snack at Dive-In for burgers and tacos.

    Paul and I love to go to the spa. He loves to go to the thermal pool and I love to relax on the thermal chair.

    We decide where to go for dinner according to the menu (Main dinning room, Lido Market, Pinnacle Grill or Canaletto).

    After dinner, Symeon will go to Deck 10 to play board game with new friends. Paul loves to walk around the ship. I will go to the spa again (it is mostly empty, only myself using the spa room). I will also take shower at the spa changing room too.

    We will meet up at the buffet from 10:30 to 11:30 for a snack or drink. We will talk about what we did that day and the plan for the next day. Then we will go back to our cabin the watch movie or TV. That’s our typical day at sea!
    Read more