Satellite
  • Day 23

    Final day Okovango

    February 25, 2018 in Botswana ⋅ ☁️ 22 °C

    Last day on safari. We have seen the lot except Leopard! We were unlucky but we knew that there was one around. Rams was around so he kindly took us off for a final track. Bingo female cat hunting. She was unconcerned about us so we were with her for about 30 mins. Result and some great photos. We have been so lucky with the weather.We have had some torrential downpours but fortunately it has not interfered with our activities. Always nice drinking under thatch!! The fresh lot who arrived at PomPom were a fun bunch and enjoyed a few beers with us before we flew out. Paul was a passenger this trip as the had a local trainee pilot in the right hand seat but he was not allowed to touch anything!! ( A bit like Paul on the trip out!) The bush is not what I expected. It is not thick jungle but grasslands with trees and shrubbery,quite beautiful from the plane.
    The 4 of us had 3 great days in this little jewel and will certainly be back. We landed back at Maun and as per usual straight into Paul's local! They have not changed one iota!!!! Jane came across a large spider in the sink in our tent. PDH pointed out the the'flatties' are harmless. Well he didn't look harmless to me,(giving me the hairy eyeball he was), so Sir Galahad (me) ,flattened him ! Brave lad,hey. That and some Mozambique spitting Cobra in the bushes makes a chap keep his eyes peeled when having a pee!
    Read more