Satélite
Exibir no mapa
  • Dia 36

    Kalgoorlie WA

    28 de abril de 2023, Austrália ⋅ ☀️ 16 °C

    10,000 km day! Big shout out to our tireless driver 😍

    We’ve officially clocked-up 168 cumulative driving hours (that’s 7 x 24 hr days in the car). Not that it feels like it (at least from a passenger’s perspective). Over the past 36 days we’ve travelled so far, seen so many different landscapes and towns, and had so many unique experiences, that each day has been an adventure in itself. That said, there are big adventure days and travelling adventure days. Today was the latter.

    After a disappointing breakfast from the Bush Bakery at Hyden (credit to the coffee though), we trekked cross country to Southern Cross and onwards towards Kalgoorlie, waving to the Giffneys as they flew home overhead.

    A feature of WA that we simultaneously appreciate and curse is the investment in infrastructure. Every day it seems we’ve encountered extensive roadworks in progress. Today was no exception. A necessary inconvenience but we do admit the overall road quality throughout WA has been excellent.

    We passed the No. 1 Rabbit Proof Fence, now known as The State Barrier Fence of Western Australia. Despite its good intention, the fence was an irredeemable failure. Intended to keep rabbits to the east of Australia, it proved entirely useless and there ended up being more rabbits on the west of the fence.

    Tonight we were treated to a fancy ‘happy hour’ complete with complimentary wine and antipasto courtesy of our hosts at the Discovery Park Kalgoorlie, before heading into town for a quality pub dinner at the York Hotel.
    Leia mais